Fresno, California DUI Attorney
Aggressive Defense For Your DUI Case
Being charged with a DUI in California is a serious matter with serious consequences. If you are convicted, you may lose your authorization to drive, pay outrageous insurance premiums and even spend time in jail. When your liberty is on the line, you need a serious DUI attorney to aggressively defend you in court. With more than 33 years of experience in handling DUI cases, Real Lawyers at Affordable Prices have forged their reputation as innovators in the field of DUI defense, and are known for going the extra mile to ensure that clients get the best possible results.
How to Protect Yourself From the Police
If you have been pulled over by the police, don’t let yourself become a victim. Follow these six tips and keep yourself out of jail:
- Do Not Be Intimidated By the Police. If you are nervous, police officers may think that you are hiding something or are intoxicated. Rather than giving them that opportunity, remain calm and be polite. Conducting yourself in this manner is a great way to ensure that police officers will leave you alone.
- Keep Your Glove-Box Clean. Because fumbling through compartments to find your registration or insurance can easily be misinterpreted as intoxication, you should always strive to keep your glove box or center console neat and organized. This allows you to quickly and confidently grab your documentation and present it to a police officer.
- Do Not Give Police Consent to Search Your Car. Any evidence found in your car could be used to support a DUI conviction. Consequently, you should not allow the officer to perform a search without a proper warrant to do so.
- Take the Sobriety Test. Due to a malfunctioning breath analyzing machine or an inappropriately administered blood/ urine test, many DUI defendants have been found not guilty. Also, you may still blow under the legal limit.
- Get a Blood Test After Release. Because of their fast and inexpensive employment, alcohol detection devices can be unreliable and malfunction. Don’t go to jail because of a broken machine. It’s a good idea to measure your BAC (blood alcohol concentration) with a proper blood test after arrest. At trial, your attorney can use that evidence to raise possible defenses.
- Contact a DUI attorney immediately.
Get a Lawyer Who Will Stand Up For Your Rights
DUI Attorney Harry M. Drandell does not allow the police or the prosecution to run roughshod over your rights. We work together with clients to find out the whole story, and keep them informed throughout every step of the process. Because we know that cases can end when there has been police misconduct, we scrutinize every piece of evidence that the police submit to make sure that every procedure was done ‘by the book’. By extensively understanding California’s DUI laws, we are diligent in building defenses that make sense legally, logically and scientifically. We fight the prosecution at every turn to ensure that you are treated with the respect you deserve, and that you get the results you desire.
Don’t Let the Police Take Your Future Away From You.
Contact Real Lawyers at Affordable Prices Today.
If you have been arrested for driving under the influence, you need an aggressive DUI attorney who has the knowledge and experience to help you win. Call Real Lawyers at Affordable Prices today at (559) 441-0441 or contact us online to set up your free initial consultation.